Prep Foods Assistant Team Leader (Full Time) Polaris Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We’re creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.
To provide leadership to Team Members in all aspects of the department through coaching and mentoring. To stimulate the growth of the business by implementing merchandising initiatives and building lifelong relationships with our customers.
Education and Training Required
- Maintain food quality standards without variation; maintain high standards of food safety and sanitation; and maintain all equipment in good working order.
- Supervise prepared food team members to achieve maximum production and efficiency when Prep Foods Team Leader/Manager is not there.
- Assist Prepared Foods Team Leader/Manager in controlling operating expenses and achieve budgeted food and labor cost; understand P&L/LOB reports.
- Manage the department team members by writing schedules and work assignments and enforcing all company policies.
- Increase profits by supporting in store ads, sampling, and speical events. Being aware of competitors in area.
- Organize and maintain all food storage areas in accordance with health and safety requirements. Including labeling/code dating, cross contamination, and temperature.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation is available for review during various audits.
- Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Survey and Myster Shopper reports to identify areas in which improvement is needed. Work togther with Prepared Foods Team Leader/Manager to coach team member(s) accordingly.
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed to meet the out-of-stock percentage goal.
- Promote the continuous development of team members and identify candidates for Management Development Program.
- Prepare food for customes by cooking, frying, and grilling. Process includes prep work such as chopping, dicing, and slicing.
- Reading recipes and following instructions.
- Set up Gourmet food cases, maintain display throughout the day.
- Package, weigh, and display food for Grab and Go case. Check dates on products routinely.
- Suggestive selling with knowledge of products in department. Sampling products for customers.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$1 – \\$100k
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
** Retail Shifts **
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Builds High Performance Teams
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Manages Team Execution
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Hot Ovens
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Ice Machine
- Auto Wrapper
- Cappuccino Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Cash Register
- Coffee Brewer
- Coffee Grinder
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Floor Dryer
- Label Gun
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Pressure Hose
- Price Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shop Vacuum
- Shrink Wrapper
- Steam Machine
- Tape Splitter
- Trash compactor
55 Meadow Park Ave., Lewis Center, OH 43035
Team Leader, Prep Foods – S