Merchandising Assistant – GetGo
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 36 on Forbes magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.5 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
Giant Eagle was previously named America’s Second Harvest Regional Retailer of the Year for its support of local food banks, and also actively supports numerous community events, the United Way, Children’s Hospital, Race For The Cure and other non-profit organizations. The company also has created education initiatives such as Apples For The Students, which has provided millions of dollars in computer equipment, software and other classroom learning tools for local schools and the Be A Smart Shopper school nutrition program. Further information can be found at GiantEagle.com.
Support GetGo’s mission: We are driven by quality people, food, and fuel and provide an inviting place to get all the things you need right now. This position serves as the key administrative support to the category management team. It is critical in ensuring billing, retail support and vendor data are accurate.
Education and Training Required
- Actively monitor, enhance and support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety, customer safety. Adhere to federal, state, and county or local regulations and existing laws regarding food safety
- Maintain file maintenance system by updating data including: retail pricing, markdowns, entering new items, and deleting discontinued product to ensure accurate records are maintained. (warehouse and DSD)
- Process all vendor billing, reward promotions, targeted offer billings, ad fees, scanbacks, auto reward billings and other merchandising billing/processing as needed
- Collect/check deal sheets and enter rewards and fuelperks!
- Research and resolve invoicing discrepancies to ensure accounts payable records are maintained (Not of files, problem pricing)
- Provide communication to retail via task management
- Provide administrative support required to ensure efficient operation of the team
- Enter and maintain quantities in DCOPS
- Answer inquiries and customer care cases to ensure customer requirements are met
- DSD store copies from one store to another store
- Process new item paperwork for accuracy; sets up new vendors, items, maintenance, cost changes in merchandising systems manually. Including sub set up, cost links, retail pricing, order increments (direction from , CM, PM, or Buyer). Manages all contact with internal departments, divisions, suppliers, etc. to provide/gather information including billing for new items.
- Research and resolve data integrity issue reported by stores, warehouses, vendors
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of clerical duties including managing phones, faxing documents, report creation and generation
- Answer inquiries and ensure customer care case requirements are met
- Maintain known loss rates from suppliers
- Coordinate and process recall information
- Collect documentation for quarterly audit
- Maintain retails and deals in the systems
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$0
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Numeric Computation/Reporting
- Open to Feedback
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Written Communication
- Normal office environment
- Fax Machine
101 Kappa Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Director, Sr Merchandising-GGO