Representative, Call (Full Time)
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 36 on Forbes magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.5 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with more than 420 stores throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
Giant Eagle was previously named America’s Second Harvest Regional Retailer of the Year for its support of local food banks, and also actively supports numerous community events, the United Way, Children’s Hospital, Race For The Cure and other non-profit organizations. The company also has created education initiatives such as Apples For The Students, which has provided millions of dollars in computer equipment, software and other classroom learning tools for local schools and the Be A Smart Shopper school nutrition program. Further information can be found at GiantEagle.com.
Provide administrative and problem solving support, for both internal and external customers, in an accurate and timely manner in order to resolve customer problems.
Education and Training Required
- Provide administrative and problem solving support for both internal and external customers, in an accurate and timely manner in order to resolve customer problems.
- Direct calls (compliments, complaints, comments, problems and matters brought to attention by way of comment cards) to appropriate departments. Respond to customer issues politely and concisely according to department standards by phone, e-mail, fax, and US Mail.
- Address issues regarding Giant Eagle Advantage Card® including lost or stolen cards or system inconsistencies), GetGo® (including fuelperks! Adjustments or questions), Video, check cashing, reward programs, products sold and / or produced by Giant Eagle, and other customer service issues.
- Provide exceptional customer service by speaking with empathy and concern.
- Clearly and politely communicate with customers.
- Speak with irate customers and be able to deescalate situations.
- Speak with customers in a calm, enthusiastic, and friendly tone of voice.
- Understand customer¿s needs by asking questions, directing the conversation, focusing on the solution, and closing the conversation appropriately.
- Follow all policies and procedures to efficiently and effectively resolve customer¿s concerns.
- Update confidential customer information in databases; log consumer contact information (verbal and written) from phone calls, US Mail and E-Commerce.
- Prepare mail-merge form letters in response to customer requests.
- Log and / or file all correspondence to / from stores and consumers for tracking and measurements.
- Accurately prepare confidential information for Loss Prevention Representatives.
- Special Projects as needed
- Process Giant Eagle Advantage Card® applications and issuance of cards for internal and third party data entry.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer Service Experience
- Successful, stable job history with good attendance record
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Computer Skills
- Presentation & Verbal Communic
- Project Management
- Written Communication
- Normal office environment
- Fax Machine
101 Kappa Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Manager, Customer Care