Meat Wrapper (Part Time) Brookpark Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We’re creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.
“Together, we improve people’s everyday lives and well-being.” As a Giant Eagle Team Member, you will be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Meat team, your primary responsibility will be interacting with customers on the sales floor and replenishing the products to ensure only the freshest are available. As a member of our team, you will also be fully trained and able to assist customers in other areas in the store including, but not limited to, the Seafood, Deli and Prepared Foods.
Education and Training Required
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Meat team members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish product in the meat cases, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Assist in maintaining meat cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure customers safety.
- Assist in other areas as required.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility
- No High School diploma required
2nd Shift – 2p – 10p
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Auto Wrapper
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Ice Machine
- Manual Wrapper
- Meat Tumbler
- Pressure Hose
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
14650 Snow Road, Brookpark, OH 44142
Team Leader, Meat – H