Pharmacy Technician (Part Time) Green Market District
Who We Are:
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. At Market District, we celebrate a passion for amazing food and food expertise by combining the best of everyday grocery shopping with foods, ingredients and services rarely found in traditional supermarkets. In 13 locations in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, the Market District stores feature teams of chefs and other culinary professionals preparing fresh foods from scratch every day. All of our Team Members, Chefs and other culinary professionals are expertly trained to provide unsurpassed quality and service. And we love FOOD!
Our Market District family has a special heart for Team Members who understand the difference between making a meal and making an adventure. That’s a quality we want to help grow, so we take care to match the best candidates to their perfect roles. That simply makes good sense, and we think our Team Members appreciate knowing that we’re setting them up for success the moment they walk through our doors. We know you’ll deliver exceptional experiences for our guests when we deliver unparalleled experiences for you.
The purpose of this position is to join and contribute to a service conscious Pharmacy team who will consistently build relationships with patients by exceeding their needs and providing safe, accurate and efficient care to achieve optimal patient, Team Member and Company outcomes.
Education and Training Required
- Immediately acknowledge and welcome patients with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy entry points.
- Model excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to products and merchandise and referring appropriate questions concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the pharmacist.
- Adhere to all company, state and federal policies, laws and regulations including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established procedures including the Point of Sale Policies.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure company and government requirements are met.
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by ordering, receiving, stocking and rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and procedures.
- Answer telephone in a polite and timely manner and ensure accurate information is exchanged and customer is satisfied.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns by communicating effectively with the customer and the management team/support staff in an efficient manner.
- File written prescriptions daily.
- Assist team members with tasks to ensure department runs efficiently.
- Use the pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at drop-off, will call, drive thru, phone, filling and order receiving, including but not limited to: search for patients and profiles, determine dates of fill and pick-up, determine prescriptions sent to Central Fill, quote cash prices of prescriptions, check on-hand counts of medications,
- Have knowledge of all appropriate service and business metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcomes.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs.
- Little or no financial or budgetary responsibility
- High school diploma or equivalent
** Retail Shifts **
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Normal office environment
- Carrying Up to 25 pounds
- Lifting Up to 25 pounds
- Intercom System
- Cash Register
- Deposit Safe
- Drive Thru
- Fill Station
- Ordering Machine
- Safety Cutter
1700 Corporate Woods Parkway, Uniontown, OH 44685
Team Leader, Pharmacy