Cake Decorator (Part Time) Leechburg Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We’re creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.
“Together, we improve people’s everyday lives and well-being.” As a Giant Eagle Team Member, you will be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of the Bakery team, your primary responsibility will be preparing and decorating the products and cakes in the department to ensure only the freshest are available.
Education and Training Required
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery team members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smile and greet customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the team member’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Prepare and decorate product for the Bakery cases and displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Accurately record special orders on bakery products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room, coolers and freezers.
- Assist in maintaining bakery backroom, cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Assist in other areas as required.
- No High School diploma required
** Retail Shifts **, 1st Shift – 6a – 3p, 2nd Shift – 2p – 10p
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Hot Ovens
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Safety Cutter
- Shrink Wrapper
- Dough Divider
41 Towne Center Drive, Leechburg, PA 15656
Team Leader, Bakery – S