GetGo Assistant Store Leader – Pittsburgh North Area
GetGo is a fresh food, unique convenience and high quality fuel destination. GetGo offers a friendly, engaging place where customers can enjoy delicious, made-to-order subs, sandwiches, burgers, salads and more – all made from fresh, high-quality ingredients. The GetGo convenience format includes a combination of standalone locations and sites adjacent to Giant Eagle supermarkets, and we operate nearly 200 locations in Western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia, Maryland and Indiana.
As a member of our GetGo team, you’ll be part of a small, collaborative crew who provides efficient, accurate and pleasant service and shopping assistance. From the morning rush to the afternoon lunch crowds, you will ensure that each person waiting for a fresh sandwich, picking up their first cup of coffee or simply at the pump, is met with a smile and the great service they deserve.
The GetGo Assistant Store Leader is a key player in keeping the store team running like clockwork, because our customers’ clocks are ticking. The Team Member in this role will coach, supervise, and lead the team in addition to, and often on behalf of, the Store Leader. The Assistant Store Leader is a developmental role in that this leader is being developed to run his/her own store, and will be learning, performing, and mastering the functions and responsibilities of Team Members and Leadership within the building. When the The Assistant Store Leader will play a vital role as it relates to growing sales, executing merchandising plans, providing excellent customer service, controlling costs, and continuously improving processes.
Education and Training Required
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, customers, and products.
- Coach the team so everyone can help drive incredible store success. Hold the team accountable to exceptional product quality, service, store conditions and cleanliness.
- Hold yourself accountable to the highest operational standards.
- Support Store Leadership decisions through coaching and collaborative action planning with front-line leadership and Team Members in order to meet or exceed key performance metric targets/projections.
- Execute merchandising plans timely and completely, and build upon the prescribed plans to achieve maximum sales and minimal shrink.
- Recognize business trends and opportunities within the store, market and organization, and proactively manage inventory levels to increase sales, control costs, and reduce waste.
- Collaborate with Store Leadership to support the allocation of resources, and prioritize work through effective scheduling, managing of labor and productivity, and delegation of tasks and responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Store Leadership to assess staffing levels and hiring needs within the store. Participate in applicant review, conducting interviews and completing the hiring and on-boarding process.
- Promote ongoing professional development of all Team Members and front-line leaders through the talent management processes (development plans, career pathing discussions, and special projects). Apply a philosophy of “finding and developing my own replacement”.
- Provide continuous support and coaching to Team Members and front-line leaders related to a safety, sales, service and performance culture. Utilize recognition to maintain successful performance. Model core values and possess skills for success. Inspire others through passion, integrity and a dedication to the business.
- Provide appropriate training for Team Members and front-line leaders, and validate all are trained to perform their jobs safely and effectively with Customer Service being a priority.
- Adhere to and follow up on work designs for Team Members and front-line leadership tasks and responsibilities, and utilize problem solving techniques to make performance improvements within the store.
- Ensure conditions throughout the store meet or exceed all internal and external standards, compliance, and regulations. Responsible for continuous assessment of standards, compliance, and regulations, and communicating any deficiencies immediately to supervision.
- Responsible for budget development, expense control and/or revenue generation for a department.
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
** Retail Shifts **
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Builds High Performance Teams
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Manages Team Execution
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Extreme Outdoor temperatures
- Hot Ovens
- Inclement weather (hot/cold, snowy, rainy)
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Adding Machine
- Fountain Machines
- Floor Blower
- Fuel Pumps
- Ice Coffee Machine
- Ice Machine
- Bag in box machine
- Make Line
- Merry Chef (Oven)
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Panini Grill
- Power Washer
- Cap Machine
- Smoothie Machine
- Stand-up Lotto Machine
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Grease Fryers
- Car Wash Equipment
- Coffee Brewer
- Coffee Grinder
- Conventional Oven
- Creamer Machine
- Fax Machine
101 Kappa Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
District Leader, GetGo