Line Cook (Full Time) Kingsdale Market District
Who We Are:
Finding a career in a new world of food is closer than you think. Market District is a food destination that is a big part of the Giant Eagle family of stores. At Market District, we celebrate a passion for amazing food and food expertise by combining the best of everyday grocery shopping with foods, ingredients and services rarely found in traditional supermarkets. In 13 locations in southwestern Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana, the Market District stores feature teams of chefs and other culinary professionals preparing fresh foods from scratch every day. All of our Team Members, Chefs and other culinary professionals are expertly trained to provide unsurpassed quality and service. And we love FOOD!
Our Market District family has a special heart for Team Members who understand the difference between making a meal and making an adventure. That’s a quality we want to help grow, so we take care to match the best candidates to their perfect roles. That simply makes good sense, and we think our Team Members appreciate knowing that we’re setting them up for success the moment they walk through our doors. We know you’ll deliver exceptional experiences for our guests when we deliver unparalleled experiences for you.
Our Line Cook is a key player in making sure each guest receives their restaurant order promptly and accurately, and leaves our store with a smile and a memory of unparalleled service. You’ll be part of an amazing team and will help to build guest loyalty through your own shining example. This role is for a mover and a shaker in the foodie world! You are a team player at heart. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to be part of an amazing team, and have the ability to inspire those around you. You are creative with cuisine, and love to help others foster their own creativity. An interest in food doesn’t quite scratch the surface for you; you’re passionate about the business, the trends, and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a simple “What’s for dinner?” and every opportunity to connect with people is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of the trade. Our team is the cream of the crop and must ensure that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food and our passion for providing it at every turn.
Education and Training Required
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Cultivate a foodie culture by sharing excitement and passion for food with Team Members and guests.
- Inspire your fellow Team Members and our guests with a passion for food and a willingness to go the Extra Mile to provide the best product.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, cutting meat or preparing sauces).
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the restaurant staff.
- Answer, report and follow Executive Chef’s instructions.
- Clean up kitchen and package or discard leftover food.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Understand various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- No High School diploma required
- Prior experience in food service or related field
** Retail Shifts **, 1st Shift – 6a – 3p, 2nd Shift – 2p – 10p
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Normal store environment with no continuous exposure to extreme temps, dust, etc
- Adding Machine
- Ice Machine
- Lang Oven
- Merry Chef (Oven)
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Panini Grill
- Power Washer
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Watchguard Detergent Dispenser
- Conventional Oven
- Auto Wrapper
- Cappuccino Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Coffee Brewer
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Heat Seal Gun
- Ice Machine
- Kiosk Terminal
- Label Gun
- Lobster Pot
- Manual Wrapper
- Ordering Machine
- Pineapple Corer
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Pressure Hose
- Pressure Washer
- Price Gun
- Receiving Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shop Vacuum
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor
3061 Kingsdale Center, Columbus, OH 43221
Team Leader, Prep Foods – S