HBC Lead (Full Time) Kennedy Township Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle Inc., ranked 35th on Forbes Magazine’s largest private corporations list, is one of the nation’s largest food retailers and distributors with approximately \\$9.6 billion in annual sales. Founded in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has grown to be the number one supermarket retailer in the region with 417 retail locations throughout western Pennsylvania, north central Ohio, northern West Virginia and Maryland.
Team Members who work for our flagship banner, Giant Eagle, are continually redefining and improving the supermarket shopping experience. We’re creating a destination where customers find high-quality foods and convenience-oriented services, along with some pleasant and unexpected surprises as we try new things and roll out new ideas. You will be part of a growing team that emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs.
Provide leadership in the HBC and General Merchandise Department. Guide, develop and coach Team Members, attempt to exceed customer requirements, make the store a great place to work and lead the execution of merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business and maximize profits.
Education and Training Required
- Provide excellent customer service by being pleasant, greeting customers, attending to their requests and thanking them in a professional, friendly courteous manner.
- Provide products and services that meet the requirements of internal and external customers at all times and abide by the Company’s Common Purpose, Goals and Guiding Principles.
- Ensure all Team Members are taught to do their jobs safely.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw materials and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Prepare, maintain, and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to Giant Eagle policy.
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the department.
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided by a trainer to department Team Members in order to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other departments in order to develop marketing plans which help to meet the financial objectives of the store.
- Stock shelves by taking product from backroom, opening boxes and stocking product to proper location on the shelf.
- Order product as needed by scanning appropriate shelf tag or punching in numbers on order machine.
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed to ensure store meets OSS percentage goals.
- Adding new items to shelves by moving existing items.
- Perform duties of staff as required.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department. Amount of Budgetary Responsibility: \\$100k – \\$300k
- Supervision of team members within an area or section of a department.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Builds High Performance Teams
- Communicate w/Courage & Impact
- Manages Team Execution
- Strategic Thinking & Planning
- Normal office environment
- Carrying Up to 50 pounds
- Lifting Up to 50 pounds
- Dock Plates
- Cardboard Baler
- Electric/Manual Jacks
- Label Gun
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Price Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Tape Splitter
- Trash compactor
1800 McKees Rocks Road, Mckees Rocks, PA 15136
Team Leader, Grocery – S