Giant Eagle Introduces On-Demand Interviews through HireVue!
At Giant Eagle, we're piloting an on-demand interview process through HireVue. We are piloting this program as a way to quickly connect with job seekers and create a more candidate-friendly interviewing experience. As part of your application process, you might receive an email from HireVue asking you to complete an on-demand interview. On-demand interviews are a great way for us to get to know you and can be completed anytime and anywhere from your desktop OR mobile device!
We are currently piloting on-demand interviews in specific areas of the business, which means not all applicants will receive a request to participate in an on-demand interview.
If you applied to one of the following areas, you may be more likely to receive a request to complete an on-demand interview.
- Supermarket - Pittsburgh locations
- GetGo - Pittsburgh stand-alone locations
- Pharmacy - Pittsburgh locations (specifically Pharmacy Technicians)
- Warehouse - American Seaway Foods, Bedford Heights, OH (specifically Warehouse Selectors)
Below are tips from our recruiting team to help you prepare for your virtual interview!
- Dress as you would for an in-person interview and position yourself in a well-lit, quiet, clean space. Ensure there will be no distractions behind you.
- Plan ahead – you may need to download an app if using a mobile device. Test your technology beforehand.
- Research Giant Eagle and the people with whom you are interviewing. Knowing a little bit about us can help you make a memorable connection during the interview.
- Review the job description prior to your interview. Share specific examples on how your experience directly relates to the job for which you are interviewing. Avoid using generalities and hypotheticals.
- Be yourself! We value authenticity at Giant Eagle and want to get to know you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is HireVue?
HireVue is a video interview tool that allows us to get to know an applicant outside of just their resume and application. Applicants will be prompted to answer a few questions that highlight skills and ability to do the job.
Why should I complete the HireVue Video? Is it mandatory?
HireVue is a video interviewing tool that allows us to quickly get to know you beyond your application. By using the HireVue interview process you can interview from the comfort of your home and within a time frame that best fits your schedule. This interview can be completed on a desktop or laptop computer, as well as a mobile phone. We are asking anyone that receives the HireVue pilot to complete the interview unless you need special accommodations or have technical difficulties.
If I applied to multiple positions does the initial interview that I placed with one position work for the others?
Each position requires different skills and experience, we ask that candidates complete an interview for every application they submit.
I can't find the red button it says to press to start my video interview.
You may have images disabled on your email browser. At the bottom you may see a white box with a red X, if you hover over it, you should be able to click and go to the link. You may also need to allow images to be shown in your email preferences.
I am unable to log-in to my account to take the OnDemand interview.
Make sure you are using the correct username - provided in your email invitation. Then click forget password. Check your email for updates.
Where should I report HireVue technical issues?
For HireVue technical issues, refer to the HireVue Customer Support at 800-655-4106 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach out to Giant Eagle’s Help Line at 888-892-2248 or email at: MyHRConnection@gianteagle.com.