Do You Need Assistance?
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the Giant Eagle's employment process, please contact MyHRConnection at 888-892-2248 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be kept confidential and shared only on a need-to-know basis.
Meat & Seafood
We take our Meat and Seafood seriously at Giant Eagle and our customers appreciate that. Our customers know that they can trust us to have fresh-cut, butcher-shop quality meat and fresh seafood that is handled for optimal flavor and product safety. We are seeking talented Team Members who share our passion, want to get ahead by mastering valuable skills and take pride in building relationships with our customers.
Meat & Seafood Wrappers at Giant Eagle are fully educated in every product we sell, particularly any pre-prepared items that could contain possible allergens. Team Members are cross-trained between meat and seafood and can enter into an apprentice program to become a Journeyman Meat Cutter in one of our stores. It’s an outstanding opportunity to learn a valuable skill – and a lost art.
Click for available positions:
Meat Cutter Apprentice Program
Our Meat Cutter Apprentice Program will give you the knowledge, skills and training every Journeyman Meat Cutter needs to be able to sell and prepare fresh, delicious cuts of meat for our customers. As an Apprentice, you’ll be trained under a Giant Eagle Master Trainer and Meat Cutters throughout the 24-week program.
- Full-time position
- Pay increases awarded at 4 weeks, 12 weeks and 24 weeks upon successful completion of each step in the program
- Upon Final Certification, Giant Eagle will work with you on job placement
- Mileage reimbursement available, some restrictions apply
Meat Cutter Responsibilities
- Answer customers’ questions and make suggestions
- Comply with food and equipment safety guidelines
- Cut meat to be packaged and sold
- Make ground meat and set up displays
- Prepare special orders
- Unload deliveries
- Rotate and check product dates