Baker And Cake Decorator Apprentice Programs
Experienced Bakers and Decorators are always in demand to join our team. Are you someone interested in growing your career, or starting a completely new one with plenty of opportunities to grow, learn, and thrive? Our supermarkets are currently hiring Baker & Cake Decorator Apprentices to train with our Certified Master Trainer at select locations! Our Baker Apprenticeship is a 16-week program and our Cake Decorator Apprenticeship is an 11-week program.
After completing your Apprentice Program you’ll be placed in one of our stores as a full-time or part-time Baker or Cake Decorator.
Become a Baker or Cake Decorator in just weeks!
In many of our stores, the Bakery is the first department to greet our guests as they enter the store, and represents our commitment to quality, nutrition, and mouth-watering freshness. After completing one of our Apprentice Training Programs, our certified professionals deliver on that promise. As a Trainee, you’ll learn all about how to bake and decorate our fresh-from-the-oven breads, pastries, cookies, cakes and pies. You’ll be trained and certified by a Giant Eagle Certified Master Trainer and Bakery Team Leader. And, in just a few short months you’ll be on track to a full-time or part-time job!
- Full-time position during Program
- Potential for pay increases upon successful progression through the Program
- Mileage Reimbursement available, some restrictions apply
- Full-time or part-time placement upon graduation
- Answer customer’s questions and make suggestions
- Comply with food and equipment safety guidelines
- Set up displays
- Prepare special orders
- Prepare and bake items according to directions
- Stage and prepare specific ingredients for next shifts for recipes, cakes and icing
- Decorate and package cookies, cakes and pastries
- Rotate and check product dates