Giant Eagle Apprentice Programs
Your Apprentice Program experience
You’ll be trained and work side-by-side with experienced bakers, cake decorators and meat cutters to help hone your skills and knowledge to offer a wide variety of fresh products that our customers love. Program opportunities may consist of the following:
- Hands-on training by a Giant Eagle Certified Master Trainer and Bakery or Meat Team Leader
- Food and equipment safety training
- Participate in various certifications
- Potential wage increases as you progress through the program
- Gain continuous learning & development as a cake decorator, baker or meat cutter
Team Member benefits
As a family-owned company with strong values, we care deeply about the people who work here. We want you to see Giant Eagle as a place where you can thrive and build a career for years to come. As an Apprentice for Giant Eagle, you can expect top-notch benefits, including but not limited to:
- Paid training
- Job placement upon successful completion of the program
- Part-time or full-time career
- Advancement opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription, if eligible
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Partner discounts
- Discounts on Own Brand products
Cake Decorator Apprentice Program (11 to 18 weeks)
- Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Canton – Cake Decorator Program lasts approximately 11 weeks.
- Pittsburgh and Surrounding Areas – Cake Decorator Program lasts approximately 18 weeks. This includes 11 weeks of Cake Decorator certifications and 7 weeks of Baker skills certifications.
Meat Cutter Apprentice Program (22 weeks)
- Cleveland, Columbus, Akron, Canton, Pittsburgh and Surrounding Areas – Meat Cutter Program lasts approximately 22 weeks.
Baker Apprentice Program (12 to 23 weeks)
- Cleveland, Columbus, Akron and Canton – Baker Program lasts approximately 12 weeks.
- Pittsburgh and Surrounding Areas – Baker Program lasts approximately 23 weeks. This includes 16 weeks of Baker certifications and 7 weeks of Cake Decorator skills certifications.
Need more information about our Apprentice Programs? Email our Apprenticeship team at: firstname.lastname@example.org